Tuesday 1 December 2009

Arts Council proposal sent off

Hi, Everyone,

It's Lillian, again !

For those of you hoping for Uncle Seymour ...... SORRY (lol) !
I told him off, and he says that he won't post on my computer again but ...... well ....... we'll see.

Anyway, it seems that Mike & Gerrard have been quite busy.......!

They've only just got back in touch with me to tell me what's been going on with 'Pattie-shop Diaries' and it all looks quite exciting.

Apparently Mike has been busy with his 'Motown/Soul' group: 'The Tops', on a Caribbean cruise, and also a gig in Dubai;
all this whilst his Mother and his ailing Step-Father came over from Tobago for 2 weeks.

Gerrard, meanwhile, was busy finishing a dance tour with a company called 'State of Emergency'.

Whilst dealing with all that, they were also finalising their Arts' Council proposal for a 'research & development' grant to present a 20-minute exerpt of the musical 'Pattie-shop Diaries' early next year.

They told me that they sent the proposal last Tuesday (24th November 2009), and that the Arts Council sent an e-mail confirming receipt of the application 2 days later;
this means that the proposal is 'in the pipe-line' and that, hopefully, in less than 12 weeks time, Mike will be able to start recording the soundtrack and preparations can start for rehearsals !

I CAN'T WAIT !!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to hear the rest of the songs !

I can't wait to see who will play me and my family !

I can't wait to see the rehearsals, and the performance
(Rasconrad will be filming and editting footage of both .... YAY).

I can't wait to hear the dialogue, that I hear every day in my head and in my heart,
spoken out-loud by strangers !

I can't wait to see how strangers react to those words ........ and my history !

I CAN'T WAIT to have my HISTORY be my PRESENT to THE FUTURE !

(Oh, my goodness ............ you'll have to forgive me
I got a little bit carried away, I think .........

a little 'Barak Obama', Uncle Seymour would say ....... lol .......
compose ........ compose ...... lol)


Anyway, Mike & Gerrard seem to have got the proposal and budget locked down sufficiently, as well as assistance from a major theatre in London, and a top director and cast ........ FABULOUS!

Now, we've just got to ......... 'sit & WAIT' until the end of February for a decision (lol).
I'm not very good at 'sitting and waiting' ...... but you probably know that by now (lol).

I guess, when things start moving I can tell the rest of the family about what's going on
(Uncle Seymour is finding it very hard to keep it to himself).

Anyway, I'll be right here ..... church, college ..... church, college .......
just trying to keep sickle-cell ........... and inertia ......... at bay.

Until the next time, Good People .........

Take care.

Much Love

Lillian xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment