Thursday 24 September 2009

More updates for 'Pattie-Shop Diaries'

Hi, everyone.

I'm feeling a little bit bad (with my sickle-cell), but I thought that I'd update you.

Mike & Gerrard have got in touch (following last week's 'Decibel' gathering), and given me news:

They said that a couple of the people from the Arts Council had got in touch, and want to arrange a meeting to sort out funding for 'Pattie-Shop Diaries'.

I think their plan is to get a grant for something called 'R & D' (Research & Development) in order to get the songs recorded and, at least part of, the show rehearsed and ready for an 'invite-only' performance.

I think they are planning to have a meeting with Arts Council in their London offices within the next few weeks, to set those wheels in motion.

Also, the director that they spoke to at Decibel has got in touch with them;
they said that they had sent the songs and synopsis, for 'Pattie-Shop', and she, in turn, has now sent them her c.v., and reviews of her recent work.

They have asked me not to divulge her identity as yet (as conversations are in their formative stages), but she's very experienced, extremely enthusiastic about the piece, and seems to have lots of great ideas.

It all sounds so EXCITING !

Uncle Seymour says that, with 'the arts', you always have to be a little bit cautious but even he's getting quietly optimistic.

I haven't mentioned anything to Mum, Marcus, or Patience yet..........

Mum would say something like:

"......... and who would want to hear about some mad, Black Family in Brixton ?"

Marcus (being so secretive) probably wouldn't want anyone 'knowing his business'.

If I told Patience, the whole world would know anyway ...... she's like the B.B.C. .........
'Brixton Broadcasting Corporation' !

I'm not sure how Dad would take it ...........
I'd like to think that he would be proud but ......... you never know !

I think that I'll wait a while before I tell them.

Anyway ...... hopefully, there'll be lots more exciting things happening soon and, when they do occur, then I might let the family know (as well as you guys).

Now, if only my sickle-cell 'crisis' would calm down ......... !

Bye, All.

Much Love,

Lillian x

No comments:

Post a Comment